If you intend to buy several books, surf websites, programs, celebrity endorsements, consider prepackaged foods or many rules to start a low-carb diet, it seems to be a complicated task. However, there is good news that only by following some basic principles below, you may find that low-carb diet can be quite simple, easy and effective.
- Learn to identify carb amounts
It will be useful to keep a guide handy that identifies carb amounts in various kinds of foods. Let’s see
- 1 banana or apple; ¾ c. Blueberries or 1 ¼ c. Strawberries
- ½ c. apple or juice
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. cooked beans, corn, lentils or peas
- 1 small baked potatoes
- 15 chips or pretzels; 1 cookie or ½ donut
- ⅓ c. mac & cheese or ½ breaded chicken sandwich
- ½ c. ice cream
- 3 c. raw of most non-starchy vegetables
- Meats, eggs, fish and many flavorings and toppings have fewer than 5 carbs each serving.
- Have your breakfast with protein
If a bacon and eggs breakfast sounds suitable to you , it means you are in luck.
- A fried egg with bacon or sausage may become your daily breakfast.
- Make omelets with some kinds of vegetables like bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes orzucchini; meats and cheese
- Blueberry or zucchini muffins is good as well
- Drink water or some coffee and tea
- Switch out your sandwich for lunch
To have a low-carb lunch, let’s take a good stuff sandwiched inside a sandwich and skip the bread.
- Roll some deli meat up in a lettuce leaf, then add mustard, cheese, spear or other additives
- Mix up some chicken or shrimp salad
- Low-carb pizza
- Have meat-and-no-potatoes dinner
Meatball, steak, pork chops, grilled chicken or fish may be dinnertime staples. Additionally, roasted or grilled vegetables and salad also are a standard accompaniment.
- Slip in low-carb snack
Starving between meals may make it easier for you to cheat on high-carb guilty pleasures, so prepare yourself carefully by pre-packaging your low-carb snacks to fulfill your appetite at the end of the workday.
- Almonds or blueberries is a choice
- Other types: cut veggies with low-carb dressing; unsweetened yogurt, fruits (having an orange, apple or grapes, dried apricots, or an unsweetened peach or mixed fruit cup)
- Drink more water
Water will be filling and help make your low-carb transition much easier.
- At least 8 glasses of water a day
- Carry a bottle of water with you all day to take regular drinks, before you’re thirsty.
- Slice lemons and add them to your water pitcher to make some flavor.
These above are 6 easy tips that you may take up to make your low-carb diet easily and more effectively.