Protein is considered to play an important role in the body and in weight loss as well. It helps our body to structure and regulate the body’s tissues and organs, and more especially protein has been proven to be more satisfying and increase the body’s thermogenic capabilities. However, how to eat, how to choose and how to control the amount of meat we consume to lose weight is another issue, thus let’s look at these following guidance:
- Buy lean cuts of meat.
Lean proteins are known as foods that are quite low in fat and calories each serving. When putting effort in losing weight while concentrating on meat-based foods, it is extremely essential to use leaner meats and incorporate into your daily meals, which will help you keep your weight and cholesterol levels in control. These following foods are typical examples:
- Seafood: An ideal source of protein. They are shellfish (shrimp or crab), finfish (flounder, mahimahi or tuna), some kinds of fish such as salmon and mackerel
- Poultry: turkey, chicken or skinless, white meat options
- Pork: They are little fat or marbling throughout the meat
- Red meat like beef or lamb: this kind of protein can also be a lean – especially and contain an abundance of zinc, iron and vitamin B12 as well.
- Eat organic meat
Generally, organic meat products are a little bit more expensive than conventionally raised meat ones, but they are free of growth hormones, preservatives and additives. To have overall view about the appropriate organic meat each meal, let’s look for the USDA seal of approval (where the animal was fed 100% organic food and was more importantly free-range).
- Add one portion of meat into every meal.
Eating a serving of lean meat each meal or even snack will provide you with a concrete foundation for a weight loss diet concentrated on meat.
To have a balanced diet, you should eat a variety of proteins throughout the day. You may have eggs and milk for breakfast, a grilled chicken at lunch, beef jerky and vegetables for dinner.
Some other foods that are also high in protein (dairy products, tofu or beans) can be suggested choice that you should include in some meals.
- Cook meat without sauces or additional oils
Oil and sauces ( such as marinades or dressings) often contain a huge amount of added sugar, fat or calories, therefore, let’s limit the amount of oil and sauces you add to your dishes to lower the overall calorie content you consume
- For the lowest calorie way, let’s brush the meat with only a small amount of olive oil prior to cook
- Fresh or dried herbs is healthful way to add flavor to meat dishes without using a lot of calories
- Avoid adding excessive amounts of sauce to serve meat, which may counteract your weight loss goals
- Eat more ranges of fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables are essential to a nutritious, healthy and well-balanced diet. Especially when following a meat-based weight loss diet, it’s vital to consume adequate amounts of fruits and vegetables everyday because they are high in vitamins, fiber, minerals and antioxidants as well
- 1 cup of leafy green vegetables is recommended, and try to consume two to three servings daily.
- 1 cup of sliced fruits and 1/2 cup of dried fruit each serving
- Eat 100% whole grains.
Many weight loss diets that concentrates on meat are usually high protein, and low-carb diets. Whole grains often contain all the parts of the grain: the germ, bran, as well as endosperm. They are higher in vitamins, fiber and minerals than refined grains. Whole grain foods may be 100% whole wheat bread or quinoa, pasta, barley, brown rice or mille.
These above are 6 easy and simple tips that will significantly help you to lose weight without saying “No” with your favorite meats.