In addition to some changes exercise routine and lifestyle, you need to pay more attention to your diet, which is considered to be the main factor contributing to weight loss. Let’s have a look at these following tips to have a healthier diet for losing weight.
- Limit the calorie intake
Reducing some calories each day is really essential for your weight loss. Bear in my some suggestions:
- One pound of fat intake is approximately 3500 calories. Reducing 500 calories each day will help you to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week and 5 to 8 pounds each month.
- Use your food journal to help you know how many calories you can cut on your diet.
- Do not consume less than 1200 calories daily, which may cause nutrient deficiencies, loss of muscle mass and even slower weight loss long-ter
- Eat low-calorie and nutrient-rich foods together with regular physical activities.
- Add more fruits, vegetables and protein at meals
Focusing on using low calorie but nutrient dense foods will help you to meet lower calorie levels when consuming adequate nutrition everyday.
- Nutrient dense foods: fiber, protein especially lean protein, vitamins or minerals (They are nutrient-rich, but few-in-calories)
- Lean protein foods: lean beef, poultry, eggs, legumes, low-fat dairy or tofu
- Fruits and vegetables are also lower calorie and nutrient dense, they contain higher amounts of fiber which is an important element of improving digestion and your feeling of fullness and satisfaction.
- Limit snacking
Excess grazing or snacking during the day may work against your weight loss and even cause weight gain.
- Choose appropriate snacks (less than 150 calories or high in protein and fiber) because they will give you some kind of energy, necessary nutrients and keep you satisfied longer.
- Healthy snacks: low-fat cheese sticks, a piece of fruit, yogurt or hard boiled eggs.
- Say “NO” with unhealthy food
To lose weight, you definitely need to limit unhealthy foods from your usual diet especially it’s only a month’s time frame. These foods are overally higher in calories, but much lower in nutrients. For instance:
- Chips and crackers
- White pasta, rice, bread
- Candy and dessert
- Foods high in processed sugar, cane sugar, or high fructose corn syrup
- Energy beverages and sugary coffees
- Drink water
Water not only keeps you have full feeling, it helps you control your hunger and stay hydrated throughout the day as well:
- 8 glasses of water a day are highly recommended. Some people need up to 13 glasses of water to stay adequately hydrated.
- Bring a bottle of water with you
- There are several ways to jazz up your water without adding a lot of calories: adding citrus slices like orange, lemon or lime, for example.
These above are 5 easy tips that you may apply to change your diet to achieve the dream of losing weight in one month only.