Nowadays, teen girls feel more self-conscious about their physical bodies, especially if you can afford to throw away few pounds. To lose weight quickly and safely is not really difficult as people think: only by eating fewer calories than usual and do regular exercise, even you just need a brisk walk. However, diet is considered to be the main factor contributing to the weight loss, but don’t worry it’s extremely easy and simple if you follow some tips below:
- Start with your diet
If you want to have quick results, the first and foremost advice for you is to change your eating habit to a healthier diet. Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean that you have to starve yourself because starving causes your metabolism in which will prevents your body from burning fat, then you won’t lose weight or even gain more. Let’s
- Follow a consistent and healthy diet to ensure that your body may ride the hormonal wave.
- Don’t develop an eating disorder.
- Make menus for yourself
Plan your own menus to make sure that you provide all essential nutrients for your body and assist the weight loss more effectively. Here are some recommendations:
- Breakfast: bananas, cereal, milk or fruits
- Lunch: sandwich, wholegrain, multi-grain bread with lean ham, chicken or butter-fried eggs, some salad with tomato or cucumber and milk
- Snack:fruits, natural yogurt, berries, a handful of nuts or low-fat dip
- Dinner: 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbohydrates. For instance, let’s make brown rice, scrambled eggs or a sandwich and some fish
- Eat everything in moderation
You should carefully ponder toning down your consumption every day, but it doesn’t mean that you cut anything out completely. You should try to cut fast food, sweets and other junk foods as much as possible because these kinds of foods are highly processed though, fatty and unhealthy as well, which may cause your weight gain quickly.
- Eat plenty of plant-based foods
Plant-based foods may include beans, fruits, vegetables, legumes or grains. Base on your diet each day around staples such as oatmeal, rice, couscous, quinoa or sweet potatoes, it seems to be bizarre to consume white rice and potatoes, but these foods do not make you fatter. Thus, you needn’t restrict or try to starve yourself.
- Balance the amount of fat, carbohydrate and protein
If you consume too much protein, fat and carbohydrate, your body turns the excess protein into glucose, the main cause of obesity. Therefore, you should:
- Cut down on the amount of fat to about 35- 60 grams per day.
- 200 – 350 grams of complex carbohydrates including whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- 55 – 95 grams of low-fat protein (legumes, beans, nuts or seeds).
- Drink lots of water
Scientists believe that water is the best drink to keep you hydrated, burn fat and even keep your skin clear and white. If you find consistently hungry after meals, let’s try drinking a glass of water or green tea (unsweetened) before eating, which will help fill up without containing extra calories.
These above are 6 easy-to-follow tips that teen girls may take up to help their weight loss more quickly and effectively.