According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, each person should spend at least 150 minutes on moderate-intensity exercise every week. For many people, walking and running seem to be great options as they are easy, convenient and inexpensive. When it comes to walking and running, treadmill is one of the first things coming up in our mind. This piece of equipment has become a favorite choice for more and more walkers and runners. Here are some information on the benefits of treadmill exercises.
Safety is one of the most important benefits of treadmill exercises. Generally, using a treadmill for walking or running is proved to be safe. The number of injuries caused by treadmill is very small, and most of them are not serious. How to use a treadmill safely is a piece of cake for most people.
Additionally, the use of this exercise machine can help reduce security risks associated with murders and attacks while walking outside in the dark. For women, it’s obviously a great advantage of treadmill exercises.
- Easy to use
Among different types of exercise equipment, treadmills are obviously one of the easiest to use, even for the elderly. Everyone can learn how to use them properly in just some minutes. That’s why many people love treadmills.
With a home exercise machine like treadmill, people are allowed to have workout at any time they like. Bad weather conditions and whether it is dark outside are not big concerns.
- Ability to track your progress
Most treadmills offer you with the ability to track your progress. They are equipped with digital monitors from which you can check your important stats, such as distance, calories burned, heart rate and duration. Particularly, some of them allow you to create multiple users and save your stats, so that you can check how much you’ve improved over time.
- Health benefits
– Like other cardio exercises, treadmill exercise routines provide people with the same benefits associated with heart health. A person who regularly walk or run on a treadmill can strengthen their heart and improve their cardiovascular fitness. As a result, their blood circulation and heart blood pressure are better improved.
– Treadmill exercise is good for your musculoskeletal system, which includes muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons and joints. Treadmill walking exerts a pulling force on your bones which in turn protect you against age-related bone loss. An incline position adjustment is also known to improve toning effect on your legs.
– Doing treadmill exercises, even slow walking is a great option to keep your body in good shape by burning excess calories and keeping your metabolic rate up. Many treadmills offer calorie counter function which allows you to check how much calories burned. This information is extremely useful in diet planning.
– If you are in bad mood, treadmill exercises can be helpful. Walking and running are proved to help reduce stress and boost positive emotions.