Eyestrain is a common problem among the elders, adults and children due to several reasons such as lack of sleep, staring at the digital devices, reading book with exclusive light in a long time without a break, allergies, and some other eye problems.
Eye strain can cause you a lot of discomfort with some symptoms, for example, your eyes are red, irritated, dry or watery and even headaches and pain in the neck, shoulder or back. Although there are many types of eye drops and drugs which can work effectively, but you can also use natural methods to help reduce eyestrain instantly.
- Massage for the eyes
To reduce eye strain, you should take massage eyelids gently every day. It will improve the blood circulation to the eyes, and relax the muscles around the eyes. In addition, it will stimulate the tear duct, thereby preventing dry eye condition.
– Use fingertips to gently massage the eyelid and the eyebrow above about 10 to 20 seconds.
– Gently massage the lower eyelids for about 20 to 30 seconds.
– Massage on both cheekbones.
You should implement this method once or twice a day.
Note: You can use a few drops of olive oil or cream to massage the eye as well.
Sunbathing is a more beneficial method to relax tired and strained eyes because the essential energy of sunlight is very good for your eyes. Besides, sunbathing also helps produce vitamin D for the body to increase height. However, to avoid sunburn, it is best to sunbathe in the period between 8 o’clock and 10 o’clock in the morning.
– Stand in a place with sunlight in the morning.
– Close your eyes and let the sunlight shines on the eyelids.
– Feel the warmth in your eyes and slowly move the eye up and down, from right to left according to the clockwise and vice versa.
Repeat this process for 5 minutes and implement once a day.
Note: While sunbathing, do not wear lenses or glasses.
- Cold water
Cold water can also be very effective in relieving mild eyestrain. It can increase blood circulation, relaxes tired muscles around the eyes and reduce eye swelling and edema.
– Pat a little cold water on your face and close your eyes whenever your eyes feel tired. It will bring rapid relaxing effect to the eyes.
– Another method is that you soak a soft towel into cold water and then squeeze out the water. Put the cold towel on the eyelid for 1 minute and repeat if necessary.
If you have puffiness comes with eyestrain, use a cold pack and place it on your eyelids. Your puffiness will be reduced after 5 to 10 minutes.