Dry weather in the winter often makes our skin chapped and dry, causing uncomfortable feeling. So, to protect your skin from bad weather factors, you can apply these following methods.
- Limit waxing and bath soap
Your skin is dry and prone to damage if you shave or using harmful detergents such as soap regularly. So, you should limit the waxing and using soap every day, especially on winter days.
Also, you can use coconut oil or other essential oils as an alternative to soap and shaving cream.
- Keep skin warm and have a bath with warm salt water
In the winter, you should provide the body with enough water, vegetables, fruits and foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and remember to keep warm when going out to protect the body and the skin. Besides, you should also have a bath with warm salt water to help balance the skin moisture.
You can also use essential oils for your skin before going to bed or going out to avoid chapped skin as well as making it smoother.
- Drink enough water and do exercise
Our bodies are accounted for 70% of water, so please drink enough 1.5 liters of water to have a healthy skin. It would be better if you add more mineral water and fruit juices beneficial for your skin every day.
Besides, regularly practicing sport is also very important for skin care, it not only helps you have a natural smooth skin, but also increase the body endurance.
- Use natural mask
This is an important step in protecting our skin. You can refer to a few natural recipes below to care for skin at home:
– Honey and rose water: Every day, you use a teaspoon of rose water mixed with honey to apply on the skin, keep for about 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
– Cucumber mask: Cucumber mask not only provides moisture to the skin but also brings us with many vitamins. Besides, it also helps our skin brighter and smoother clearly. You rinse your face thoroughly, then cut cucumber into thin slices and apply on the face, keep for 15 minutes then rinse with water.
– Banana peel: Banana peel helps limit chapped skin and the adverse effects of hot and dry weather. Crush a ripe banana peel and apply on the skin, massage gently for about 20 minutes, then rinse with water. You will find your skin more beautiful if done regularly.