Make up is the daily work of women because cosmetics help women to look more beautiful. However, not every skin is healthy enough to avoid allergies caused by cosmetics. Users should have the basic knowledge when buying and using beauty products as follows:
You use too many skin care products which are not suitable for your skin type, causing hormonal disturbances. Your skin can not adapt that quickly when you apply one layer of this product right after the other. Typically, while using skin care products, you should just massage with toner, then apply a layer of moisturizing cream.
If you have oily skin, you should use products which are less greasy, with oil-control feature. Those who have dry skin should use mild toner.
Using poor-quality as well as unknown origin cosmetics also cause damage to your skin. Sometimes, you are given foreign cosmetic sets without knowing the usage. Instead,
you should choose well-known and reliable manufacturers and consider carefully before buying and using any kind of cosmetic.
What is AHA?
AHA is the acronym of Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Cosmetics containing AHA will help to reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging on the skin as well as smoothing your skin.
Nevertheless, there are many problems related to skin after using AHA such as redness, swelling, acnes…) To use the products safely, you should be aware of these tips:
- Protect your skin from the bad effects of the sun. Carefully read the label to know the exact composition of the product and buy ones with AHA 10% or less.
- Buy products with pH of 3.5 or greater.
- Test first on a small area of skin (usually on hand skin).
- Stop using when redness and swelling appears.
- Go to see the doctor if there are any symptoms related to skin irritation.
How long will cosmetic last?
As usual, the initial expiry date that the manufacturers specified for beauty products is around 1 or 2 years. However, after the package was opened, they should be used within 3 to 6 months for the best quality. If choosing natural cosmetics, you should pay more attention to the expiry because they tend to be out of date sooner than the other ones.
Useful advice when using cosmetics
- Tightly close the cap after use.
- Wash your hands carefully before making up.
- Do not share make up products with others.
- Do not add liquid to make up products.
- Do not continue to use when there is cosmetic discoloration.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight when using cosmetics.
- Limit to use scented cosmetics.