Cosmetic Surgery is a medical procedure with the only and one purpose as to improve our appearance. There are many types of cosmetic surgery such as reconstructive surgery, craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, micro surgery, and the treatment of burns. Along with the development of medical technology as well as the increasing in people’s living standards, plastic surgery has been becoming more and more popular than ever before. Both men and women find cosmetic surgery as a solution for a perfect look. However, there are a lot of things you might not know of this kind of surgery. Here are some facts and figures that could totally blow your mind.
- Treatments for the plastic repair of a broken nose are first mentioned in a transcription of an Ancient Egyptian medical text dated from 3000 BC to 2500BC.
- Cosmetic surgery related to lips is the most popular procedure among men. It turns out that men are just as concerned with body fat as women are. Out of the 1 million cosmetic procedures performed on men, liposuction was the most popular.
- More women are getting their breast augmentations re-done, contrary to our belief that breast surgery is one-in-a-lifetime matter.
- People at the age of 35 to 45 tend to have most cosmetic surgeries done. Over 8 million of the procedures performed in 2015 were done on those who are 35 – 50 years old.
- Top 5 cosmetic surgeries of all times: breast argumentation, nose reshaping, liposuction, eyelid surgery and facelift.
- More men are becoming interested in cosmetic surgery than the past. According to the 2014 figures, 91% of plastic surgery patients are women and only 9% are men. Now, the number of male patients has increased by 45%.
- There are a lot of surgeries conducted to make patient look like their favorite celebrities. While some people have plastic surgery in order to reshape some features to feel more confident about their appearance, others want to look exactly like their celebrities. In fact, A man by the name of Jordan James Parke spent a whopping $150,000 to look like Kim Kardashian.
- There are plastic surgery fashion shows. It sounds like unbelievable but a plastic surgeon, named Ramtin Kassir, made headlines when he created a fashion show to show off his handiwork. All people who were his former patients walked down the runway while their “before” and “after” pictures appeared on screens behind them.